The second teaser got more juicy than anticipated! More characters, environments, movement and tagging mechanics are on display!
Good day ballers!
We’ve got a lot to catch you up on. From Blaze updates on all platforms, the DLC release status, latest merchandise, events and last but not least: News on Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. So let’s get started!
All console versions have received a major patch, briefly bringing them on par with Steam for a few weeks! Here is the full list of changes and new features:
- Grid can now bunt out of special
- Candyman’s special meter maxes out at 1 during a candy chain
- Candyballs now match the Candyman outfit
- Jet can hover with taunt at any jump height
- Ashes is faster and easier to control
- Ashes travels further when activated from the air
- Ashes has a new grounded down angle
- Added special activation effect to Nitro
- Latch now has momentum when releasing from the wall
- Fixed all first wall attach frames ignoring action inputs
- Toxic attaches to the wall more easily
- Removed hitbox from placing a Toxic tag on the wall
- The Toxic tag no longer disappears when her parry is grabbed
- Removed ability to special a ball remotely
- Parries no longer turn invisible from an online rollback
- Pivots are now performed with up instead of down
- The first run stop frame no longer ignores direction input
- New Options
- Competitive mode in private lobbies using default 1 on 1 rules
- HP options (off, 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 175%, 200%)
- Powerup option to select an individual powerup to play with
- Video option to stop camera movement
- Pyrotechnics are further away in the Paradise Field stadium
- All the Retro stages are available online
- The Retro stages after City Streets are easier to unlock
- New random retro stage option to unlock
- All visual issues on Retro stages are fixed
With that patch live it’s a good time for you to share or update your feedback.
It’s not long now before we have released DLC outfits for every character. Only two more to reveal on Steam. And the ones left for consoles should start rolling out at a faster pace as well.
Here is an overview of where we are at and what order outfits will release in:
Among lots of balance changes and fixes, the latest update on Steam also brought a new ball type: the gravity ball!
Did I say one new ball type? There is a secret second one. You can find it at the end of the arcade mode or using SRSCRDL.
Leading up to and over the holidays the Lethal League community has grown noticeably! If you want to take part in it, here are two upcoming events standing out:
The third New Player Challenge (January 30)
(entry limited to sub 200 hour players on Steam)
And the third Quarantined Rapport (February 20)
(look out for console tournaments hosted on the same weekend!)
If you wanna partake in either of these or other tournaments,
pop into our discord server:
The game has fresh new title art by @dyinginkyoto
and you may find a new character in this gif:
But these two are old news by now! What about that second teaser?
All scenes for it are now drafted start to finish, set to a brand new track.
And it’s about twice as long as the first one!
You heard that right! The team is cooking up a second teaser for you.
Until that’s done we still have more to share though.
Starting off with one of the crews you will meet:
IT’S THE FRANKS
These stitched up B-Ballers are of mixed heritage and one of the neighbourhoods is their turf.
Next up a new licensed track for the game from Reso, accompanied by another crew:
And before we top this of with some of your work here is some more world building too!
The second collage with some of the great fanart we are receiving!
Looking for word on Lethal League Blaze? We’ll have newsletter dedicated to just that next week. Stay tuned!
The DLC outfit Stereo Overdrive Arachnida for Sonata is up on steam. But that’s not all. The Doombox Gigahertz Visualizer is now available separately as well. And you can get both these music powered outfits in a bundle together with the soundtrack.
During a hefty Lethal League Match between Doombox and Sonata, Doombox suddenly transformed back into his Boombox form and spit out an indescribable entity. Sonata was taken aback at the way it crept towards her when it suddenly leaped at her. Sonata’s vision faded and her mind spiralled out of consciousness… When she came to, she could feel the beat of her boomhammer flow through her veins. This is not bad at all…
The alternate version of the Stereo Overdrive Arachnida outfit is the Midnight Tinnitus:
Onto Bomb Rush Cyberfunk! We’ve been quite blown away by the amount of fanart already out there and even more so by how quickly it’s being made.
@TR_Dion: I swear they are sitting with pen and paper ready for when the ‘Dion tweets a character’ siren starts sounding
Here are some of our favourites, keep ’em coming!
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk progress
With more content leaks seeping through from the team, we’ve got some of our own work to share too!
First up: A raw, unedited Dutch interview with Dion … and you are NOT allowed to use google translate on it(?!). Proceed at your own risk.
Next is a preview of what the flip phone for navigation and messaging looks like:
And last but not least: A new environment, billboard and penguin illustrations and a new character!