The second teaser got more juicy than anticipated! More characters, environments, movement and tagging mechanics are on display!
Good day ballers!
We’ve got a lot to catch you up on. From Blaze updates on all platforms, the DLC release status, latest merchandise, events and last but not least: News on Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. So let’s get started!
All console versions have received a major patch, briefly bringing them on par with Steam for a few weeks! Here is the full list of changes and new features:
- Grid can now bunt out of special
- Candyman’s special meter maxes out at 1 during a candy chain
- Candyballs now match the Candyman outfit
- Jet can hover with taunt at any jump height
- Ashes is faster and easier to control
- Ashes travels further when activated from the air
- Ashes has a new grounded down angle
- Added special activation effect to Nitro
- Latch now has momentum when releasing from the wall
- Fixed all first wall attach frames ignoring action inputs
- Toxic attaches to the wall more easily
- Removed hitbox from placing a Toxic tag on the wall
- The Toxic tag no longer disappears when her parry is grabbed
- Removed ability to special a ball remotely
- Parries no longer turn invisible from an online rollback
- Pivots are now performed with up instead of down
- The first run stop frame no longer ignores direction input
- New Options
- Competitive mode in private lobbies using default 1 on 1 rules
- HP options (off, 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 175%, 200%)
- Powerup option to select an individual powerup to play with
- Video option to stop camera movement
- Pyrotechnics are further away in the Paradise Field stadium
- All the Retro stages are available online
- The Retro stages after City Streets are easier to unlock
- New random retro stage option to unlock
- All visual issues on Retro stages are fixed
With that patch live it’s a good time for you to share or update your feedback.
It’s not long now before we have released DLC outfits for every character. Only two more to reveal on Steam. And the ones left for consoles should start rolling out at a faster pace as well.
Here is an overview of where we are at and what order outfits will release in:
Among lots of balance changes and fixes, the latest update on Steam also brought a new ball type: the gravity ball!
Did I say one new ball type? There is a secret second one. You can find it at the end of the arcade mode or using SRSCRDL.
Leading up to and over the holidays the Lethal League community has grown noticeably! If you want to take part in it, here are two upcoming events standing out:
The third New Player Challenge (January 30)
(entry limited to sub 200 hour players on Steam)
And the third Quarantined Rapport (February 20)
(look out for console tournaments hosted on the same weekend!)
If you wanna partake in either of these or other tournaments,
pop into our discord server:
The game has fresh new title art by @dyinginkyoto
and you may find a new character in this gif:
But these two are old news by now! What about that second teaser?
All scenes for it are now drafted start to finish, set to a brand new track.
And it’s about twice as long as the first one!
We are not done with Lethal League Blaze just yet! But before we go into what comes next, a recap on what happened the past months.
At the end of September we had a community vote, which DLC outfit among Nitro, Grid and Switch would get released next. And Switch won by a landslide! This is his story:
One hot summer Switch was fed up with cruising the same old streets and decided to go on a skating roadtrip. Of course, he first made a quick detour to go pick up some spare parts at the Citynetics factory. Immediately after entering a server room Switch tripped, fell and short circuited his motherboard into a full-on robo-hallucination trip. As the ‘Mechranger’ he travelled many worlds and saw the true name of things. He recounted his tales to Raptor and told him how Rex is the founder of citynetics and turned Latch into a cyborg. Raptor responded “What are you even talking about you can of beans?”.
In October the community celebrated the second Blaze anniversary with a tournament sporting the largest prize pool in Lethal League history (just over $2000)! You can watch it back here.
And right after that we dropped the next DLC outfit alongside a big list of changes addressing your feedback survey input:
(as usual you can still add to and update your feedback)
- improved Dust and Ashes special
- can be used at lower speeds without buffer
- can pick Ashes direction earlier
- can control Dust during Ashes drop
- Ashes moves further the higher up you activate
- Ashes moves faster on the ground
- Ashes is smarter about bunting towards Dust
- steeper grounded down angle for Ashes
- special can no longer get stuck on a corpse
- improved movement
- pivot input is now up instead of down
- first run stop frame no longer ignores movement input
- Latch wall climb now has momentum on release
- Toxic attaches to the wall more easily
- first wall attach frames now accept action inputs (Latch, Raptor, Switch, Toxic)
- removed swing hitbox from placing a Toxic tag on the wall
- Toxic tag no longer disappears when her parry is grabbed
- added looping special activation effect to Nitro
- parries no longer turn invisible from online rollbacks
- removed ability to special a ball remotely
- Dust and Toxic deobfuscated for modding
- Corrected fixed camera setting for story mode comics
Fitting for Halloween, the latest DLC outfit is the Ivory Puppet: Killer. This one is for Latch, but it isn’t Latch himself!
High up in a seemingly abandoned skyscraper, on an empty floor without entrance there stands a single large closet. In that closet hangs a contraption, something from a time Toxic would rather not think about. Using the data she had found on Latch, she delved into questionable arts and created an ivory automaton. As a product of her mindstate at the time it turned erratic and hostile. Now it’s sealed away, set to activate if Toxic would ever be captured by the Shine City Police.
The DLC release schedule for consoles is moving on. Not as fast as we’d like, but it’s moving!
So far the Late Stage Illmatic Outfit for Dice has arrived on all 3 consoles and the Nuclear Nourishment Outfit for Toxic has landed on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and the Japanese region for Nintendo Switch.
What happened to the other regions? The submission for a major patch got in the way of that process and now has to go through first.
The upside to this is that the Switch should receive a patch including everything up to the most recent changes from the Steam version before the other platforms!
Grid and Nitro will have a final showdown on the last November weekend. Keep an eye on our social media channels and vote for the one you want to be released next. The stakes are high! The loser will be last in line after Candyman and Jet.
And the winning outfit releases next together with new quality of life features for lobbies.
You heard that right! The team is cooking up a second teaser for you.
Until that’s done we still have more to share though.
Starting off with one of the crews you will meet:
IT’S THE FRANKS
These stitched up B-Ballers are of mixed heritage and one of the neighbourhoods is their turf.
Next up a new licensed track for the game from Reso, accompanied by another crew:
And before we top this of with some of your work here is some more world building too!
The second collage with some of the great fanart we are receiving!
Looking for word on Lethal League Blaze? We’ll have newsletter dedicated to just that next week. Stay tuned!
The DLC outfit Stereo Overdrive Arachnida for Sonata is up on steam. But that’s not all. The Doombox Gigahertz Visualizer is now available separately as well. And you can get both these music powered outfits in a bundle together with the soundtrack.
During a hefty Lethal League Match between Doombox and Sonata, Doombox suddenly transformed back into his Boombox form and spit out an indescribable entity. Sonata was taken aback at the way it crept towards her when it suddenly leaped at her. Sonata’s vision faded and her mind spiralled out of consciousness… When she came to, she could feel the beat of her boomhammer flow through her veins. This is not bad at all…
The alternate version of the Stereo Overdrive Arachnida outfit is the Midnight Tinnitus:
Onto Bomb Rush Cyberfunk! We’ve been quite blown away by the amount of fanart already out there and even more so by how quickly it’s being made.
@TR_Dion: I swear they are sitting with pen and paper ready for when the ‘Dion tweets a character’ siren starts sounding
Here are some of our favourites, keep ’em coming!
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk progress
With more content leaks seeping through from the team, we’ve got some of our own work to share too!
First up: A raw, unedited Dutch interview with Dion … and you are NOT allowed to use google translate on it(?!). Proceed at your own risk.
Next is a preview of what the flip phone for navigation and messaging looks like:
And last but not least: A new environment, billboard and penguin illustrations and a new character!
The Medical Mashup update for Lethal League Blaze is on Steam!
And along with it the DLC outfits for Toxic.
This is how she came upon her new equipment:
Seeing the potential in Dust & Ashes, Toxic took on an odd-job in the West Shine City Hospital to find out more about the person Dust was before his amnesia. Having found no trace of such a patient while going through the records, she instead found out about certain classified medical experiments. She didn’t care much about the subject as she did for the high tech equipment they had made for it that was supposedly stashed away in an underground South Shine City facility. In between vats filled with spinal cords that didn’t seem human, she found what she was looking for. Gear for a special occasion.
The pack has two variants:
- The Nuclear Nourishment colorway. A dark nurse themed outfit with a biohazard spinal fluid injection arm.
- The N. N. Second Opinion colorway. A cute twist on the Nuclear Nourishment outfit, but the needles go just as deep.
The Medical Mashup
This update brings character tweaks and a whole bunch of new options and settings!
For the full change list, see our recent announcement on steam.
And the latest addition to our set of Merchandise is none other than Latch himself. There are only 500 of these. Get one while they’re hot!
Patch for Megabyte Punch Switch version
On launch we received some reports about Megabyte Punch crashing on the Nintendo Switch. We have found the issue and fixed it. The patch for that and a few other minor tweaks is on the way!
This funky bug is caused by using the Shield Engine Arm or leaving one of your own mines hanging around upon going through a door. So you can avoid it for now by not using these parts:
- Shield Engine Arm
- Bomba Head
- Zylin Chest
- Zomzom Hip
- Toxi Hoodi
- Khepriogram Core
Blaze 1.19 Beta Round 2
The Medical Mashup update for Lethal League Blaze on Steam is nearing completion and it’s time to give the beta another whirl.
Here is the full list of goodies updated since the previous beta:
- corpses don’t become invisible on Grid bunt special
- Candyballs now match the Candyman outfit
- Jet can taunt hover sooner after each jump
- Jet hover stops vertical movement faster
- you will no longer jump out of a taunt hover
- retro stages only appear in competitive/ranked, if both players select one
- new random retro stage option unlock
- retro city streets no longer has glitchy red outlines
- the pyrotechnics have moved further away from the stadium cage
- new HP option working correctly now
- new powerup options working correctly now
- new video option for camera movement
To participate, bring up your game Properties…, head over to the BETAS tab and select public-beta from the drop down.
Want to give us feedback or test it together with others?
Join our discord and head over to the #public-beta channel.
More upcoming online tournaments!
Lots of them!
- A North America only one by Dair Productions with a $50 prize pool
- A second Quarantined Rapport with a European and North American bracket
- Dedicated console tournaments
- and more!
All of these are also happening in our reptile hideout discord server.
Megabyte Punch is 25% OFF for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop until it releases!
You can pre-load the game to play when it goes live next week on May 8th.
This version comes with a few new and exclusive new features:
- 2 bonus stages hidden in Ventu village after the final boss fight.
- New music by Oscar to go along with them!
- 2 new colors capsules inside these levels.
- And even more colors when you use any amiibo in-game.
You’re already decked out with shirts from Eighty Sixed?
But they just ain’t giving you the real ESPORTS vibe cursing through your veins?
NEU is joining the lineup to give you some PRO GAMER Jerseys and Candyman themed hats!
You can even get your custom GAMERTAG printed onto the Lethal League Blaze Pro Jersey for the full experience: https://whatsneu.gg/collections/team-reptile
Want to win one of these Jerseys?
Megabyte Punch is an electro beat ‘em up game with platforming elements in which you build your own fighter while playing!
Megabyte Punch takes place in a computer universe where you have to protect the Heartcore of your village. You defend your people from the Valk Empire and the dreaded Khoteps in 6 different levels with each 3 stages and a boss fight!
As you travel through the worlds, you battle other creatures to get their parts. Parts have their own powers and bonuses, like gun arms for a shoot ability or powerful hips for a devastating pelvic thrust attack. The whole adventure is playable with up to 4 players at once. Using the abilities of your customized fighter, you can also battle your friends in a destructible arena or you can compete in the tournament to test your own skills.
- A hard-edge graphic style to represent the digital world that the ‘Megacs’ live in
- 6 unique electro-worlds each with their own boss fight
- 150 parts to collect and almost endless combinations to customize your character
- A pumpin’ electro soundtrack
- Up to 4 player local co-op and versus mode
- Use any amiibo in-game to get exclusive colors for your fighter
- For Nintendo Switch™ only: 2 exclusive bonus stages